Safety rules set the context within which you may work there form the framework in which all work activity should be carried out either for maximum productivity, efficiency, or safety of staff during work hours. Failure to pay attention to them or wilful disregard for them could lead to suspension, termination of your employment, in some cases severe injuries and sometimes death. That is why it is always important to pay attention to these strict work rules because these associated risk never goes on vacation.
So here are 12 Golden rules of safety
- THINK BEFORE YOU DO: When you notice a safety problem you need to first stop to think before you do contact your supervisor and discuss what you have noticed he might be in a better position to suggest a better solution
- NO DRUGS AND ALCOHOL AT WORK: This is so you remain focus and no disorientated as not to do the wrong thing and be at risk.
- DON’T JUST WORK, DO IT RIGHT: You stand a chance of being at risk when you don’t follow specific instructions for a particular work. For instance, if you disregard the safety sign that instructs on how heavy loads should be carried you might end up hurting your lower back.
- PAY ATTENTION TO BARRIERS: Sensitive areas like water bodies and newly seeded areas can be protected by employing properly planned construction barrier and this also informs you if work in ongoing or a construction crane is on your walk path.
- DON'T START WORK WITHOUT ASSESSING THE RISK INVOLVED: It is always important to assess the risk of a particular work before starting that way you know what to pay close attention to and what risk is involved at what stage
- DON'T EVER WALK UNDERNEATH A LOAD. Except you want to be at risk of being one squashed marshmallow to avoid risk use the right equipment and designated signaler.
- SHUT OFF POWER SYSTEMS THAT CAN CAUSE A HAZARD: When working on powered systems shut off all systems that can pose a hazard by so doing you avoid risks.
- ALWAYS GET A WORK PERMIT: In cases when you have to work in confined spaces always have a work permit and ensure you are been monitored as the risk involved is high. Never go in without a supervisor or a third-party monitoring your activity
- FOR WORK AT HEIGHT NEVER IMPROVISE: It’s not a time to get creative when you are been served with the right equipment to work with be a profession and use the right equipment.
- ALWAYS THINK OF POTENTIAL HAZARDS WHEN A SITUATION CHANGES: It is always ideal to think about the negative outcome when the situation changes or when you not wearing the right equipment or and equipment develops a fault in the process of working.
- COORDINATE MOVEMENT WHEN WORKING SIMULTANEOUSLY: In other not to get into the faces of each other you must coordinate with everyone involved to analyze the risk involved
- STAY ALERT: To avoid accidents always plan.