VIO/TRAFFIC MARSHALING…. Safer Trucking Better Business
On site accidents involving truck vehicular movement are common place. Ensuring a safe site will therefore include a safe and efficient workplace vehicular movement.
The provision of VIO/traffic marshals on client sites is primarily targeted at managing workplace transport risks.
The main causes of injury are people falling off vehicles, being truck or crushed by them. The injury could arise from the following truck incident occurrences:
- Collision with pedestrians
- Overloading of vehicles
- Overturning of vehicles
- Collision with other vehicles
- Reversing of trucks especially around people and buildings
- General truck vehicle movements and parking
- Access and exiting from the buildings and the site
- Dangerous occurrences or other emergency incidents (including fire)
VIO/Traffic Marshaling is basically a control measure aimed at coordinating the three elements of workplace transport safety; the driver, the vehicle and the environment.